Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Superstar 1979

Shelley in a modeling pic from the mid-70s

The proclamation of Shelley Hack as Charlie's newest Angel made her a Hollywood superstar overnight. Her face appeared on virtually every magazine in the world and was even mentioned in the evening news. "I couldn't believe it. What was I doing in the evening news?" Shelley exclaimed. In St. Thomas, at the Caribbean, where the Charlie's Angels season opener was to be shot, she described, surprised, "When I got off the plane, there were maybe eight million paparazzi. I looked around for Sophia Loren. It was for me. I couldn't believe it." Her new co-star Cheryl Ladd said, "Shelley seemed like a doll and we were going to have a lot of fun working together." "She was sort of like the debutante," Jaclyn Smith said about the highly-charged, energetic and intellectual East Coast girl. "Jackie, Cheryl and I hit it off immediately." Shelley said, "Put your ear to the wall, all you'll hear is laughter."

A writeup about Shelley, Jaclyn Smith and Cheryl Ladd, 1979