Saturday, December 19, 2020

Movies for the Holidays

 
Shelley has been a producer since 2010
 
Since 2010, Shelley has been enjoying her newfound role as producer - either independently or with her production company Smash Media where she is co-president with her husband Harry Winer. And for the past nine years, she has been working closely with The Hallmark Channel and has been producing family-friendly movies that everybody can watch and enjoy. She particularly enjoys producing Christmas movies that spread love and good cheer. Shelley told writer Steve Gidlow in 2018:
 
"I've always loved Christmas; my husband and I always decorate the house. We went to St. Petersburg and Helsinki after Christmas for some family time, and all the decorations were still up.  I had my camera out and started thinking, 'Wait a minute, we don't have these in America.' I started asking people where they got the decorations.  I got some wonderful Christmas ideas we haven't seen yet at Hallmark.  I'm excited to reveal a whole new look for Hallmark!"
 
Shelley has produced four Christmas movies
for the Hallmark Channel since 2011
and they're all out on DVD.