Sunday, February 28, 2021

Superstar in 1979

a paparazzi pic of Shelley from 1979
 
Shelley became Charlie's Angel no.5 in 1979 and fans were thrilled to see THE Charlie Girl join Charles Townsend's team of heavenly detectives. Shelley was already well-known as Revlon's quintessential Charlie Girl and was recognized wherever she went. Going shopping, according to Shelley, "was a disaster." In 1978, Shelley said, "The Charlie (Girl) image is interesting because people recognize me and some actually chase me down the street." But becoming a Charlie's Angel was different. Shelley suddenly found herself in unfamiliar territory - rock star territory. After being cast as Angel Tiffany Welles in 1979 she said, "The thing is  I haven't even done anything yet. I've been recognized before and I've signed autographs before but I get a part and suddenly find myself in the fishbowl."

a tidbit/writeup about Shelley from 1979