Saturday, February 12, 2022

She's Got It

Shelley with Joe Brooks during the filming
of If Ever I see you Again, 1978

In 1978, Shelley got her first leading lady role opposite screenwriter, director, producer, and composer Joe Brooks in the film If Ever I See You Again. Shelley was cast in the role of Jennifer Corly. Brooks told one reporter, during the audition process, "I saw scores of girls on the East Coast, the West Coast and points in between - and SHE walked in. I know that sounds overly dramatic. But when (Shelley) walked into the room, I turned to my assistant and said, 'She's got it! She's got the part.'" Shelley's side of the story, "I couldn't believe it - because you'd think I'd have to do a screen test or something."

Shelley with Joe Brooks in a promo pic
for If Ever I see you Again, 1978