Saturday, September 8, 2018

Craft Catalog 1974

Shelley on the cover of Simplicity Craft Catalog, 1974

Shelley was one of the busiest models in the 1970s. After graduating from Smith College in 1970, she signed on full-time with Ford Models Inc. and began her rise to Supermodel-dom. Shelley's deduced, "I was a success because I was hard-working, professional, bright. I looked at the business and identified the markets. I knew the key was that they always wanted someone new. I decided to hit one market one year, then cut my hair and hit another. Then let it grow and hit television. I thought it through. The game plan can apply to any business, but especially to one where you're the product. You just have to become objective about yourself."

Shelley modeling Simplicity pattern 6254, a tennis sweater,
on the cover of Simplicity Craft Catalog, 1974