Friday, March 31, 2023

Latest IT Girl

a promo pic of Shelley from 1979

"I couldn't believe it. What was I doing in the evening news," Shelley said in 1979. Charlie's Angels was entering its 4th season and Shelley was cast as the newest Charlie's Angel. She was known all over the world as THE Charlie Girl, but now that she had joined the cast of the phenomenal hit TV series, she had become Hollywood's new IT girl. The Supermodel was now Hollywood's latest Superstar; and many magazine and tabloid reporters, as well as paparazzi/photographers, rushed to cover her and talk to her. "Yesterday, I was a schnook, and today I can't get across the street" is how Shelley described her sudden rise to Hollywood fame. When she arrived in St. Thomas at the Caribbean, where her first Charlie's Angels episode was going to be shot, she was greeted by the paparazzi. "When I got off the plane, there were maybe eight million paparazzi. I looked around for Sophia Loren. It was for me. I couldn't believe it," she said astonished by the amount of attention her Angel casting was getting. "I had press people crawling in my windows," she told TV Tales: Charlie's Angels in 2002.

a promo pic of Shelley from 1979