Sunday, March 19, 2023

Like Christmas

a promo pic of Shelley from 1979

Charlie’s Angels was entering its fourth season in 1979 and was looking for a replacement for exiting cast member Kate Jackson. The search was on for the girl who could play the role of the cool, chic, classy and smart Tiffany Welles, Charlie’s newest recruit. "I remember there was a big Angel hunt going on," Shelley said, "The hunt seemed to go on for a long time. A lot of my girlfriends went in to be tested, but I wasn’t involved until sometime later when my agent called and said,' It's a terrific show - you really should think about testing.' So, I thought about it again and went in."

a writeup about the Shelley, 1979

And Shelley received topmost consideration due to her impeccable background. She was bright young woman with a high I.Q. from upscale Greenwich, Connecticut. She had a history degree from Smith (a classy East Coast college). And, because of her Charlie endorsements, she was already one of the most recognizable faces in the world. By the end of May in 1979, it was official - Shelley Hack was Charlie's newest Angel. And Shelley was so grateful and very excited about her newfound opportunity. "It's been like Christmas every morning," she said, "I hope it lasts a long time."