September 22, 2026 was the 50th Anniversary of the debut of Charlie's Angels the TV series; and The Locher Room on YT celebrated the day with a sit-down dialogue between the biggest fans Charlie's Angels, namely: Alan Locher of The Locher Room on YT, celebrity skincare and makeup artist David Ross of @angelboy76 on IG, Geret Coates of @townsendagency on IG and Charlie's Angels historian and author Mike Pingel of charliesangels.com. The quartet talked about their enduring love for the series, their experiences growing up with the series, their favorite Angels and their personal experiences of meeting the Angels themselves. It was wonderful to hear their back stories and anecdotes about the series and about being around the Angels in their day to day lives. Check it out at The Locher Room on YT, "Charlie's Angels Turns 50: Celebrating 50 Years of Our Favorite Angels." Also, thank you so much to Geret Coates for always mentioning this blog on @townsendagency. And thank you so much to Mike Pingel for following this blog. And thank you so much to Alan Locher, David Ross, Geret Coates and Mike Pingel for always sharing everything they know about Charlie's Angels. We love you all.
top (l), Mike with Shelley at her Santa Monica housefilming TV Tales: Charlie's Angels for E! in 2002top (r), Mike with Shelley and Tanya Robertsat The Hollywood Show in 2009bottom (l), Mike with Shelley at The Hollywood Show in 2009bottom (r), David with Shelley at The Hollywood Show in 2009
Alan: All three of you had the opportunity to meet Shelley and Tanya. Talk about both of them. What were they like when you met them? And is there a memory of either of the women that had stayed with you over the years?
David: And Shelley... very kind, very warm. Every time I saw Shelley... Obviously at The Hollywood Show, I met her at The Hollywood Show. But I ran into her at the Beverly Center once. She didn't love to talk about Angels, I'll be honest. It wasn't, you know, something that was always, you know, on her mind. I mean, she would. But it wasn't something that, I don't think, she loved to talk about. But a very, very nice lady.
Alan: I believe that, David, you know, after reading the book and Jaclyn's story of the ABC party where Cheryl and Jaclyn were up front and Shelley was in the back of the room, I kinda... Had to be quite difficult, you know.
David: Yeah, Hurtful. Yeah.
Alan: Yeah.
David: Sounds like a hurtful situation for sure. Yeah. Especially, not knowing and thinking you're maybe coming back for the fifth season; and then you show up at something where you're assuming that you're going to be a part of and to be promoting... and to be seated at the back of the room. That was not a great feeling, I'm sure.
Alan: Those networks don't do it, you know... Don't treat the people properly.
David: Yeah.
Mike: Well, my memories of Shelley was the first time I was-- We had shot a show for E! called On TV, something TV-- It was-- Anyway, I was cut out of it. But they were doing Shelley and I was like "I will be a grip. I will move anything if I can come" because I had never met her. And so, they graciously said, "Yeah, we're gonna go. You wanna go?" And I'm like, "Yes." So, I went and she was amazing. She was gracious. Her house is wonderful. I moved furniture for her. She was filming and she--
Alan: [laughs] What haven't you done?
Mike: Exactly. [laughs] And she was-- She couldn't remember things. I was like, "That was 'Love Boat Angels.' It was a crossover and blah, blah, blah, blah." And she goes, "Mike, you know more than I do." I'm like, "It's all in here. [pointing to his temples] It's all crazy. You don't wanna know." Then she did The Hollywood Show and we sat there and she told the fans the best stories of Charlie's Angels.
David: She did.
Mike: It's in one of my books, all the stories of all the episodes and things. And she really loved it. I wish she did, had done more of those. But then, of course, Tanya-- Oh, and then Shelley, we communicate on email all the time.

