Saturday, June 8, 2024

Two Demanding Careers

a closeup of Shelley
from a promo pic, 1979

By 1979, Shelley had become one busy woman. She was managing two demanding careers. She had a modelling contract to fulfill with Revlon (as their Charlie Girl) so she had to fly to New York some days of the week. Then, she had to go back to LA to fulfill her acting contract with Charlie's Angels. As a neophyte star, she had photo shoots, interviews, personal appearances and many other things in her plate. When asked whether she liked being a TV star, Shelley said, "Yes. I've got two parking spaces with my name on them. It's wonderful. Someone on the set asked me if I was scared, but it never even occurred to me. Before joining the cast, I thought the show was very well-produced. Really, it's a wonderful tongue-in-cheek fantasy; three terrific-looking girls running around packing pistols. And it's funny." As always, Shelley was up for the challenge.

a promo pic of Shelley from 1979