Sunday, October 29, 2017

Getting the Part

Shelley in 1979

Shelley became Charlie's Angel no. 5, Tiffany Welles in 1979. She recalls how she got the part, "I was in New York working for Revlon and one evening I called my manager and he was very excited and very busy and he said that I was testing, that I was going to do a screen test, for the show (Charlie's Angels). We talked about the advantages of possibly doing the show and I said, 'Great, it sounds terrific'. So I flew out to California and did the test. I'd stayed in Los Angeles after the test and one morning I was just getting out of the shower when my phone rang, and my agent called and he said, 'We’ve got to be at the producers' offices in an hour'. I said, 'But I’m dripping wet!' Obviously, I put myself together very quickly. I was still in the producers office when I picked up the phone and called my mother in Connecticut."