Sunday, August 9, 2020

Classics of 1973 A

a closeup of Shelley
from Woman's Day magazine, Dec 1973

Shelley was one of the busiest models in the 1970s. After graduating from Smith College in 1970, she signed on full-time with Ford Models Inc. and began her rise to Supermodel-dom. Shelley's deduced, "I was a success because I was hard-working, professional, bright. I looked at the business and identified the markets. I knew the key was that they always wanted someone new. I decided to hit one market one year, then cut my hair and hit another. Then let it grow and hit television. I thought it through. The game plan can apply to any business, but especially to one where you're the product. You just have to become objective about yourself."

Shelley in a spread 
for Woman's Day magazine, Dec 1973

Shelley was featured in a spread entitled "Making the Most of Quality Classics" for Woman's Day magazine back in October of 1973. She showed readers how to make the most of a high-quality classic black pantsuit by wearing it in two different ways, two different versions. One version used both pantsuit pieces, while the other version did away with its matching jacket. Shelley is lovely in both versions. Thanks very much to TJ for the pics.

another closeup of Shelley
from Woman's Day magazine, Dec 1973