Sunday, August 16, 2020

Making the Most of Classics 1973 B

a closeup of Shelley
from Woman's Day magazine, Dec 1973

Shelley was one of the busiest models in the 1970s. After graduating from Smith College in 1970, she signed on full-time with Ford Models Inc. and began her rise to Supermodel-dom. Shelley's deduced, "I was a success because I was hard-working, professional, bright. I looked at the business and identified the markets. I knew the key was that they always wanted someone new. I decided to hit one market one year, then cut my hair and hit another. Then let it grow and hit television. I thought it through. The game plan can apply to any business, but especially to one where you're the product. You just have to become objective about yourself."

Shelley in a spread
for Woman's Day magazine, Dec 1973

Shelley was featured in a spread entitled "Making the Most of Quality Classics" for Woman's Day magazine back in October of 1973. She showed readers how to make the most of a high-quality basic black coat dress by wearing it in two different ways, two different versions. In one version, the coat dress is a formal outfit. While in the other version, the coat dress becomes a casual day piece. But in both versions, Shelley's just lovely.

another closeup of Shelley
from Woman's Day magazine, Dec 1973