Saturday, March 16, 2019

I've Been Lucky

Shelley and Tom Mason on the Cover of Post TV, 1987

Shelley starred with Tom Mason in the TV series Jack and Mike which ran from 1986 to 1987. They played a married yuppie couple who was trying to juggle time between their jobs and their marriage. This was Shelley's third foray into series TV having starred in Charlie's Angels and Cutter to Houston in the past. Of the two previous series, it was Angels that Shelley was (and is) best remembered for and the image she had been trying to live down at the time.

a writeup about Shelley and Jack and Mike from 1987

"Yeah, I did take a lot of knocks and it hurt. I'm a person, I have feelings and I felt bad about all the criticism," Shelley said in 1987. "You have two choices. Either you give up and go home or you say 'OK, let's get working on this' and I've been lucky," she added.