Sunday, January 5, 2020

Angel 1979-1980

a closeup of Shelley from a publicity pic, 1980

Shelley became Charlie's newest Angel in 1979, and she jumped from being THE Charlie Girl to becoming Charlie's latest Superstar Angel. As it was for all the Angels before her, she received a lot of attention from both the media and from fans. Her casting was even mentioned in the evening news - it was a huge deal. "I couldn't believe it. What was I doing in the evening news," she exclaimed at the time. When she arrived in St. Thomas at the Caribbean, where her first Charlie's Angels episode was going to be shot, she was greeted by the paparazzi. "When I got off the plane, there were maybe eight million paparazzi. I looked around for Sophia Loren. It was for me. I couldn't believe it," Shelley said astonished by the amount of Angel casting was getting. "I had press people crawling in my windows," she told E! in 2002.

Shelley in a publicity pic, 1980