Monday, October 31, 2022

Farm Girl Angel 2

a closeup of Shelley from the cover
of the Dutch edition of the mag Story, May 1980
the caption reads as:
Great Match
Charlie's Angel Shelley:
Who's Coming to see me in Hollywood?

Shelley became Angel no. 5 in 1979; and the Dutch edition of the  magazine Story featured a writeup on Shelley in May of 1980. It was called "A Farm Girl Becomes Charlie's Newest Angel" (At the time, Shelley owned a 240-acre farm in New York's Catskills where she would go to let her hair down and unwind). It further said, "After Kate Jackson was fired, the hunt for a new Charlie's Angel was on. Many candidates came forward, including Margaret Trudeau (the wife of the Canadian Prime Minister) and the actress Barbara Bach. But the role went to Shelley Hack"." Shelley said of her new Hollywood superstardom, "Yesterday, I was a schnook, and today I can't get across the street. Her casting was even mentioned in the evening news - it was a huge deal. "I couldn't believe it. What was I doing in the evening news," she exclaimed at the time. "I had press people crawling in my windows," she told E! in 2002.

Shelley appeared on the cover of the Dutch edition
of the magazine Story, May 1980